BACK COUNTRY HORSEMEN PURPOSES
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness areas
- To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use
- To assist the various government, state and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustaining use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage
- To foster and encourage the formation of new back country horsemen’s organizations
- To cooperate with other B.C.H.A. organizations
Want to see what the Wilderness Act of 1964 is all about? Read it here.
Click here to see how the Back Country Horsemen came about
… it all started here in Montana.
The only remaining BCH founder, Roland Cheek, created a video titled “The Beginning of Back Country Horsemen: The Most Influential Trail Riding Group in America”. It is available in two formats: