Back Country Horsemen of Missoula
P.O. Box 2121 Missoula, MT 59806
Volunteer Organization, 501c3
For all people interested in preserving our access to the back country, see our mission statement on line.
The Saw Training for the Forest Service Certification has been moved to May 15 and will be located at Smoke Elsers house. The class will start around 9am and run until about 2pm. Bring a lunch and note book. You can also bring your saw and safety equipment if you have questions about it but the practical test will take place on June 4th at Blue Mountain for the National Trails day trail clearing. For More information contact Mark Wright at 406-531-2455
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreation and stock use.
- To assist the various agencies responsible for the maintenance and management of public lands.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustained use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new state Back Country Horsemen organizations.