Back Country Horsemen of Missoula
P.O. Box 2121 Missoula, MT 59806
Volunteer Organization, 501c3
For all people interested in preserving our access to the back country, see our mission statement on line.
Rattlesnake Recreation Area
As part of the on-going implementation of the Marshall Woods Restoration Project we anticipate temporary travel delays on the trails between Road 99/Trail 515 and Rattlesnake Creek. The travel delays on trails # 515.1, 515.2, 515.3, 515.4, 515.5, 515.6 are due to tree thinning activities which includes tree falling. These trails are not open to mountain bikes, but horseback riders, walkers and runners, will be asked to delay or re-route their activity. Please plan to avoid those trails until Friday the 22nd at 2pm and again, approximately, Monday-Wednesday of next week from the 25th-27th , 6 am until 2 pm each day.
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreation and stock use.
- To assist the various agencies responsible for the maintenance and management of public lands.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustained use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new state Back Country Horsemen organizations.