Back Country Horsemen of Missoula
P.O. Box 2121 Missoula, MT 59806
Volunteer Organization, 501c3
For all people interested in preserving our access to the back country, see our mission statement on line.
Upcoming events in April include the Spring Tune- Up Ride and Potluck on April 8th at 10:00 located at the Basham Arena. In the morning there will be a presentation and hands on demonstration by Gary Salisbury on working with horses. Anyone that would like to bring their horse for a little tune up are welcome to do so. After there will be a demonstration from Chris Basham about the benefits of seeing an equine chiropractor. Lunch for this event is potluck so please bring a dish. After lunch there will be a short ride that goes out to the Bitterroot River and back.
Also in April is the Missoula Backcountry Horsemen Defensive Horse Safety Clinic on the 15th at 9:00AM at the Harper’s Arena. This clinic will have presentations and hands on material to meet Forest Service stock use and is required for anyone volunteering on work projects where they will use stock. The clinic runs from 9:00 am until mid afternoon so please bring a sack lunch. For any questions contact Dan Harper 406-258-6467.
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreation and stock use.
- To assist the various agencies responsible for the maintenance and management of public lands.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustained use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new state Back Country Horsemen organizations.