Back Country Horsemen of Missoula
P.O. Box 2121 Missoula, MT 59806
Volunteer Organization, 501c3
For all people interested in preserving our access to the back country, see our mission statement on line.
This month in June the Back Country Horseman will be involved in several activities.
On June 3rd National Trails Day, there will be saw certification, trailhead maintenance and a small trail clearing project at the Blue Mountain Recreation area in Missoula, contact Randy Velin at 406-544-4582 for more information.
There will also be a second opportunity to visit Monture/Burnt Cabin on June 16th – June 18th , the trip in June cleared trail as far as they could but where not able to get to the Forest Service cabin because of snow. This trip will clear the remaining trail to the cabin and further along one or two other trails depending on trail crew size and weather conditions. Contact Richard Tamcke 406-258-6621 for more information.
On June 24th there will be a BCHofMissoula-Rendezvous in place of the Steak Ride. There will be demonstrations on Dutch Oven Cooking, Leave No Trace, Bear Awareness, and other activities. It will take place at the Clear Water Game Range where there are camping spots available to those that want to spend the weekend. Contact Mike Moore 406-370-7549 for more information.
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreation and stock use.
- To assist the various agencies responsible for the maintenance and management of public lands.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustained use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new state Back Country Horsemen organizations.