Back Country Horsemen of Missoula
P.O. Box 2121 Missoula, MT 59806
Volunteer Organization, 501c3
For all people interested in preserving our access to the back country, see our mission statement on line.
During October and November the Back Country Horseman of Missoula will continue to hold Board Meetings on the first Wednesday of the month (October 4 and November 1) that are open to everyone that would like to come and General meetings the third Wednesday of the month (October 18 and November 15). Both meetings start at 7:00 pm at Opportunity Resources on Russel Street in Missoula. At this time there are no trail rides or projects planed for either month.
In December the Back Country Horseman of Missoula will host the Montana State Board Meeting at the Fair Bridge Inn in Missoula. After the meeting is the chapter Christmas Party starting at 6:00 PM. Please bring a dish for the pot luck dinner if you are planning on attending.
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreation and stock use.
- To assist the various agencies responsible for the maintenance and management of public lands.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustained use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new state Back Country Horsemen organizations.